Recently, Roseville took a close look at its parks and recreation system. Community members evaluated our current resources and made recommendations for today and into the future.
The City Council authorized the Parks and Recreation Commission to work with staff and citizens to establish and conduct a Parks and Recreation Master Plan implementation process.
The larger Implementation Team was made up of smaller, special interest Work Groups with specific tasks:
- Communications will strategize ways to reach all corners of the community and establish unifying messages
- Funding Options will research and suggest a funding combination that supports all aspects of the master Plan
- Implementation Partners will suggest potential implementation partners
- Constellation Representatives will create a communications network to share information
- Community Organizations and Facilities will explore community needs and suggest ways to expand & maintain our system of pathways and trails
- Natural Resources will suggest priorities for implementing a natural resources management plan
We need all 33,690 Roseville Residents involved in planning and preparing Roseville's parks, programs and facilities for today's needs and future uses.
You can still contribute to the renewal of the parks & recreation renewal program and help insure that Roseville's parks, programs and facilities will continue to be a source of community pride and a valuable resource for all residents!
Contact Lonnie Brokke
, director, at 651-792-7101, Matt Johnson
, the assistant director, at 651-792-7102, or the Parks and Recreation Department office phone at 651-792-7006 with questions or comments.
Master Plan Newsletter