Traffic / Speed Concerns

Speed board

Traffic Enforcement

The Roseville Police Department continues its dedication toward traffic control and enforcement in our community. Each year, Roseville police officers patrol 120 miles of roadways, making thousands of traffic contacts including citations and warnings. In an effort to make your neighborhood and driving experience safer and more enjoyable, we are providing an opportunity for you to express your concerns and/or share some suggestions.

Report Traffic / Speed Concerns

The Traffic Concern Form is for Police related matters such as speed concerns, vehicle noise ordinance violations, crosswalk enforcement, school bus stop arm violations and so forth. If your concern is an immediate threat to safety, call 911.

Request-A-Speed-Board Program

The goal of RPD's Request-a-Speed-Board program, a unique partnership between the Roseville Police Department and the community, is to remind motorists of their current speed in an effort to reduce speeds and improve safety in Roseville neighborhoods.

The Request-a-Speed-Board program works as follows:
  • Complete an Adopt A Speed Board Request Form online
  • There must be a street sign in your neighborhood to secure the speed board.
  • Speed boards are available to the public for a 7 to 10 day period. However, they may be removed by the Department at any time without notice.
  • All requests will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis and based on safety priority determined by the Department.
  • Requests will be reviewed and the requester will be contacted with a time frame and location for installation which may be dependent on weather and staffing. 
Additional questions about traffic concerns and RPD's neighborhood speed board program can be directed to the Patrol Lieutenant. Due to rotating police schedules, it may not be possible to respond to your request for 7 to 10 days.

Report Traffic Engineering or Maintenance Concerns

Roseville’s Traffic Safety Committee meets once a month or as needed to discuss traffic safety topics such as traffic calming, signage, speeding concerns and crosswalk requests.

If you have questions, concerns or comments about traffic engineering or maintenance related items (e.g. potholes, sidewalks, traffic controls or adding control measures) please contact Public Works.