City Council Meeting Recap
Roseville City Council Regular Meeting
Called to Order:6:00 p.m.
Present: Mayor Dan Roe; Councilmembers Jason Etten, Wayne Groff, Julie Strahan, Robert Willmus
Recognitions, Donations, Communications
- Proclaimed February to be Black History Month in the City of Roseville
- Proclaimed Thursday, February 4 to be Optimist Day in the City of Roseville
- Approved Lake Owasso Safe Boating Association’s request for permit renewals of the Water ski slalom course on Lake Owasso
- Approved tobacco sales violation presumptive penalty for Chuchao Liquor
- Approved tobacco sales violation presumptive penalty for B-Dale Shell
- Held a public hearing and approved transfer of liquor license for Eclectic Culinary Concepts, doing business as Luckys 13 Pub
- Held joint meeting with the Parks and Recreation Commission to review the past year’s activities and discussed the renaming of Pocahontas Park, addressing the impact of Emerald Ash Borer on ash trees, and the demand for pickelball courts
- Discussed youth commissioners voting and directed staff to return the matter to the Human Rights, Inclusion and Engagement Commission to revamp the Youth Commissioner Application, consider orientation and training for youth commissioners and bring back the item to the City Council for further consideration
- Discussed city code regulations regarding screening and fencing and directed staff to make minor changes to the definition of fence and return the item to the City Council for consideration at a future meeting
- Discussed Roseville’s 2021 legislative priorities and provided direction to staff regarding specific priorities to be brought back to the City Council for further discussion and approval
The next Roseville City Council meeting is scheduled for Monday, February 8
Approved January 4 city council meeting minutes
Approved consent agenda including receiving the CARES funding expenditure report, accepting 2020 police donations and approving Ramsey County Cooperative Agreement for 35W at Cleveland Ave Interchange Project
Meeting adjourned at 9:38 p.m.
Note: Council recaps are not official minutes of city council meetings. Official minutes are posted on the city website upon approval by the city council.