Bicycling Safety Tips
Bicycling is a great way to get around town. Roseville Police want to remind you to follow the rules of the road to stay safe.
- Review traffic laws. Bikes, the same as automobiles, must obey all traffic laws, including coming to a complete stop at a stop sign, signaling turns and yielding to pedestrians.
- Take extra precautions if biking at dawn, dusk and at night. It’s often more difficult to see bikers at these times.
- Take care in wet weather - allow extra time to stop.
- Make sure your bike is in good working condition. Are the tires inflated properly and brakes in working order? Do you have reflectors and lights and are the mirrors aligned?
- Wear bright colors and reflective clothing, and always wear a helmet. Helmets can reduce head injuries by up to 95%. Helmets should fit snugly and not obstruct your view. Don’t wear loose clothing that could get caught in the bike chain or on shrubs or other obstructions.
- Keep your eyes out for other bikers, roller bladers, pedestrians and pets.
Additional Information and Resources