Fire Prevention & Permits
The purpose of the City of Roseville’s Fire Prevention Program is to prevent injuries, deaths, business interruptions, and property damages resulting from fires, thus enhancing the public health, safety, and welfare of the community.
In accordance with the Minnesota Fire Code and the City of Roseville municipal code, the Roseville Fire Department is authorized to inspect all Group A, B, E, H, I, F, M, S, U, and R, occupancies as defined in the Minnesota State fire code.
The frequency of the inspections depends on state laws, industry standards, department ability to preform, and general life safety hazards.
Fire Permit Applications
- Fire Alarm System Permit (PDF)
- Fire Suppression System Permit (PDF)
- Grease Duct Cleaning Permit (PDF)
- Liquified Petroleum Gas Installation Permit (PDF)
- Sprinkler System Permit (PDF)
- Tank Installation Permit (PDF)
- Tank Removal Permit (PDF)
- Consumer Fireworks Permits (PDF)
- Open Burning Permit (PDF)
Inspections must be scheduled at least 72 hours in advance. Please note that our fire inspectors are also on duty firefighters, therefore an inspection may be rescheduled due to emergencies that occur.
To schedule a fire inspection or if you have further questions for fire prevention, please email or call us at 651-792-7340 or [email protected].
This phone and email is managed Monday through Thursday, from 6:00 am to 4:00 pm