Boards & Commissions
Advisory Commissions & Boards
The city has eight citizen advisory commissions that review specific areas of interest and provide advice to the city council.
Commission TermsCommissioners typically serve three-year terms that run from April 1 to March 31. Additional information about each commission, including meeting agendas and minutes, is available on the individual commission and board webpages.
The city currently has openings on the following commissions:
- Finance - one vacancy for a partial term
- Human Rights - one vacancy for a full term
- Parks and Recreation - one vacancy for a partial term and one vacancy for a full term
- Planning - one vacancy for a full term
- Public Works, Environment and Transportation - one vacancy for a full term
All candidates seeking appointment to a commission or board must complete an application form. Applications are due by Monday, February 20.
- Community Engagement
- Human Rights
- Parks and Recreation
- Police Civil Service
- Public Works, Environment and Transportation
The Variance Board include members of the Planning Commission.