City News update
Filing for City Office

Filing for City Office Begins May 22

Two Roseville City Council seats and the mayor’s seat will be up for election this year. Filing will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. beginning May 22 until June 5. City offices will remain open until 5:00 p.m. on June 5. Individuals interested in running for the council or mayoral seats must file an Affidavit of Candidacy at Roseville City Hall, 2660 Civic Center Drive or at Ramsey County Elections, 90 West Plato Blvd., St. Paul. Read more

Water Protection at Oasis Pond

The City of Roseville is partnering with the Rice Creek Watershed District (RCWD) to improve water quality. RCWD is installing two iron-enhanced sand filtration basins at Oasis Pond. The basins will divert water runoff and remove phosphorus, sediment and other pollutants before discharging the cleaner water. It is estimated that the basins will prevent approximately 34 pounds of phosphorus annually from getting into Little Lake Johanna. Read more

Oasis Park Pond
Essay Winners

Essay Contest Winners Named

The Human Rights, Inclusion and Engagement Commission (HRIEC) has named the winners of the 2017-18 Essay Contest. The winners will be honored at the May 7 City Council meeting. Essays answered: “Disparities such as racism, sexism and ageism – among others – are still occurring today. Define and discuss one disparity and explain what you think the underlying cause is. What can be done to address it? Include personal and/or sourced examples.” Read more

Compost and Woodchips Available

Roseville residents can pick up free compost and woodchips from the bins in front of the Leaf Recycling Center on Dale St., south of County Road C, or the city will deliver up to six cubic yards of compost for a nominal fee. This nutrient-rich compost will boost soil and help your garden. Woodchips make a great ground cover that reduces weeding, saves water, nourishes soil and reduces the need for chemical weed killers or herbicides. Read more

Compost Delivery
Household Hazardous Waste

Household Hazardous Waste

Where do you get rid of old fertilizer? What do you do with unwanted paint or pesticides? Ramsey County offers a safe alternative to dispose of household hazardous waste (HHW). Hazardous waste, including fluorescent and mercury vapor lamps, mercury thermostats and switches, old gasoline, paint and lead paint chips, solvents, pesticides, antifreeze, motor oil and filters, or any products labeled poisonous, flammable or corrosive, can be disposed of at no cost. Read more

Powered by CivicSend - A product of CivicPlus