Click to Home
Click to Home
Go To Search
Click to Home
Click to Home
Pet Licenses
Stop by City Hall and get your dogs and cats licensed. It’s easy to do, and it helps ensure your pet’s health and safety. Stop by the front desk at City Hall during business hours to get a license. Bring proof that your dog or cat has been vaccinated (and sterilized or microchipped if applicable) and fill out a license application

License Fees

Two year    




Lifetime license           


Two year microchipped only  



Lifetime license microchipped only    


Two year sterilized only




Lifetime license sterilized only       


Two year sterilized and microchipped  



Lifetime license sterilized and microchipped  


If you have three or four dogs, you’ll need a Multiple Dog License and written approval from at least 75% of your immediate neighbors.

City code requires pet owners to clean up and properly dispose of all messes left by your dog or cat when off your property. Animal feces can contaminate City lakes. Please be a responsible pet owner and clean up after your pet.

Your dog or cat must be on a leash if not on your property. Your dogs can be off leash at the Reservoir Woods Dog Park located on the north side of Larpenteur, east of Dale Street. Dogs without leashes and dog owners can exercise on two soft trail areas. A portion of the area is handicapped accessible.

Stray pets whose owners cannot be reached are taken to the Brighton Vet Clinic at 2615 Mississippi Street, New Brighton. Animals are usually kept for 7 to 10 days. Call 651-636-1063 if you think your pet may have been taken to the clinic. If you see a stray animal, contact Roseville Animal Control at 651-792-7235.

 | 2660 Civic Center Drive, Roseville, MN 55113 | 651-792-7000