Housing Programs & Energy Assistance
Home Improvement Loans
The City and State offer home improvement loans. The City has partnered with the Center for Energy and Environment (CEE) to offer a variety of loan options. Watch a video promoting these options!
Energy Audit Waiver
The City of Roseville and Xcel Energy have teamed up to give 200 Roseville residents a free $60 energy audit:
- Perform an energy audit: Audit Waiver Information (PDF)
- Learn if your home is wasting energy
- Learn ways you can improve your home's energy efficiency
For Window Replacement Due to Lead
Ramsey County Department of Public Health along with several partners is working to address lead paint hazards in Ramsey County homes occupied by young children who are most at risk for lead poisoning.
Fact Sheet (PDF)
- This program is available to both owner-occupied and rental property owners.
- A child under age six must occupy the home.
- The occupants must be at or below 80 percent of the median income, which is $60,000 for a family of 4.
- Window components must be deteriorated and painted with lead- based paint.
For Energy Conservation
The Lending Center helps you obtain 0% financing on a 10 year forgivable loan for up to $6,500:
- Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Improve health and safety conditions
- Upgrade your heating system and insulation
Minnesota Housing Homeownership ProgramsMake your dream of homeownership a reality with help from Minnesota Housing and the City of Roseville! Whether you’re a first-time buyer, repeat buyer, or want to refinance, there’s an affordable Minnesota Housing program that’s right for you.
- Low, fixed interest rates for the life of the loan
- Purchase and refinance options for first-time and repeat homebuyers
- Downpayment and closing cost loans up to $15,000 for qualified borrowers
- Exclusive 3% down conventional products with low-cost or no mortgage insurance
- Works with industry standard products including FHA, VA, Conventional and Rural Development
- Income limits
- Home cost limits
- Homebuyer education requirements
This is a Ramsey County program that helps first home buyers purchase homes more affordably by providing deferred loans that can be use for down payment assistance, closing costs, and occasionally, health/safety/code improvements:
FirstHOME Buyer Assistance Program
- Income and employment history qualifications apply
- Buyers must complete an approved home buyer training
- Buyers must also qualify for VA, FHA, or Fannie Mae conventional mortgage
- For more information, please visit the Ramsey County Home Buyer Assistance web page.