2017 Falcon Heights Pavement Management Program
The contractor, Valley Paving, has informed the City that they will begin work the week of May 7 to complete the following:
- Replacing damaged or broken concrete curb and sidewalk.
- Repair/replace the pathway between Hoyt and Folwell to get better drainage. In order to complete the work, daytime parking restrictions on the street will be posted 24 hours in advance of the work.
- Installing concrete valley gutters in three locations shown on the project map. When these are installed, the roads will be closed at these locations for seven days to allow the concrete to cure. Access to homes will be maintained but might be limited to one direction.
- When the repairs are completed and the valley gutter is cured, the final pavement lift will be installed.
- When the pavement has been installed, joints in the pavement will be sawed and then sealed. This is done as a proactive measure to control the future cracking of the pavement.
The City of Falcon Heights manages a comprehensive Pavement Management Program which includes repaving several miles of local streets every two years. To see which streets are being repaved in 2017, please see the proposed 2017 Pavement Management Project.
All of the proposed roadways will have the entire asphalt section removed and repaved. Spot curb repairs will also be done as part of this project but only where the curb is severely damaged and/or sunken. We expect that there will be very little impacts to driveways as part of this project. The watermain in the University Grove neighborhood is proposed to be replaced by St Paul Water as part of this project. The pathway along Roselawn Avenue from Fairview Avenue to Cleveland Avenue is proposed to be repaved as a part of this project as well.
A neighborhood meeting was held on April 20, 2016 at 6:00 pm, at Falcon Heights City Hall in the Council Chambers to go over the project in more details.
On October 12, 2016 the City Council accepted the feasibility report and set the public hearing for the project. A public hearing will be held on December 14, 2016 to discuss the project including assessments. At that meeting the City Council ordered the improvements. On January 11, 2017, the City Council authorized advertising the project for bids. It is anticipated this project will be awarded in early March, 2017.
The bid opening was held at 2:00 p.m., Thursday, March 2, 2017 at Falcon Heights City Hall. Bid information is available on Roseville's eGram website.