What's Open and Closed at the City of Roseville During COVID-19
City Hall to Reopen to the Public
After being closed to the public for more than a year to help slow the spread of COVID-19, Roseville City Hall will welcome staff and residents to the facility on Monday, June 21.
It was a long time coming, but with vaccination rates rising and related COVID-19 metrics falling to their lowest levels since the early days of the pandemic, city officials agreed the time was right to reopen City Hall.
When City Hall reopens to the public, residents and businesses will have the option to conduct business online or visit city offices in person to drop off documents, complete transactions, attend meetings and obtain information. Visit www.cityofroseville.com/online for services that can be conducted online.
City of Roseville
Receive email updates on the latest COVID-19 (Coronavirus) information in Roseville. Click HERE and subscribe to City News Alerts.
COVID-19 vaccine distribution for Roseville residents is being managed in phases by Ramsey County. Please see the city’s Vaccine Information for Individuals webpage for the latest information.
Governor Lifts Face Covering Requirement
Governor Tim Walz announced the end of Minnesota’s statewide mask requirement on Thursday, May 13. The change brings Minnesota into alignment with new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance on face coverings. Minnesotans who are not fully vaccinated are strongly recommended to wear face coverings indoors. Private businesses and local municipalities may still put in place face covering requirements.
Governor Plans to End COVID-19 Restrictions
Minnesota Governor Tim Walz has announced a timeline for ending COVID-19 restrictions. The plan ends nearly all state COVID-19 restrictions by May 28.
Step one took place at noon on May 7. It includes initial steps to relax some restrictions, primarily in outdoor settings. The phase removed limits for outdoor dining, events, and other get-togethers. It also eliminates the mandatory closing time for bars, restaurants, and other places of public accommodation.
The second step begins on May 28, when remaining capacity and distancing limits will come to an end.
- Roseville City Hall - Opens Monday, June 21
- License Center and Passport Center - by appointment only
- Building Permits and Inspections
- City Parks and Playgrounds
- City Trails
- Roseville Skating Center - Reopened for activities that comply with MDH COVID-19 guidelines for youth and adult activities.
- Harriet Alexander Nature Center open 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Facility rentals are available with restricted capacities. Call 651-792-7118 for more information.
- Central Park Picnic Shelter reservations are now being accepted. Roseville offers four picnic shelters that are available for rent from April 15 to October 15, 2021.
- Roseville City Hall continues to be closed to the public at this time.
COVID-19 Related Closures, Cancellations and Modifications
The following is the status of City of Roseville events Through June 30, 2021.
Due to the dynamic nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, all events listed are subject to change. We encourage you to check back often to view the status of city events.
City of Roseville Event Updates
Wednesdays at the Arboretum
Muriel Sahlin Arboretum
2525 North Dale St.
Special volunteer projects at the Arboretum between 8:00 a.m. and noon every Wednesday all summer long. Moving forward with modifications.
June19 - Natural Resources Renewal
2540 Lexington Ave.
9:00 a.m. to noon
Our monthly Natural Resources Renewal event for June is a Villa Park. Join us to help plant plugs in Seepage Meadow. Moving forward with some modifications.
June 23-27 - Rosefest
The City of Roseville will be offering a modified Rosefest this summer June 23-27. Check out the list of events.
Roseville City Hall
- Reopening to the public on June 21.
Roseville Licence Center and Passport Center
Roseville Skating Center
- The Roseville Skating Center is open for activities that comply with MDH COVID-19 guidance for youth and adult activities.
Harriet Alexander Nature Center (HANC)
- HANC is open 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Cedarholm Community Building
- Facility rentals are available with increasing capacities.
Cedarholm Golf Course
- Open for the golf season.
- Park Building rentals are available under MDH guidelines with increasing capacities. Call 651-792-7118 for more information.
- The city is taking reservations for Central Park shelters. Roseville offers four picnic shelters that are available for rent from April 15 to October 15, 2021.
Playgrounds, Volleyball Courts, Basketball Courts
- Roseville city parks and playgrounds are open for use.
Human Rights, Inclusion and Engagement Commission
- June 16 - 6:30 p.m.
Roseville City Council
- June 21 - 6:00 p.m.
Public Works, Environment and Transportation Commission
- June 22 - 6:30 p.m.
Parks and Recreation Program Status
All Roseville Parks and Recreation programs have been classified as Programs Running with Modifications, Tentatively Moving Forward with Modifications, Awaiting More Information, Canceled. For the latest information check out the 2021 Spring/Summer Roseville Parks and Recreation Activities & Offerings Guide.
Roseville Fire Department
- All fire and medical emergency operations remain open for 24/7/365 response
- Fire station is closed to the public (with exceptions). Fire station is open for walk-in blood pressure checks, medicals emergencies, and Every Meal food distribution
- Fire inspections are being scheduled and completed.
- Fire permits remain open and are being processed.
- Assistance for residents having problems with or needing sounding help with smoke detectors or carbon monoxide alarms is being provided. However, the department has suspended scheduling non-sounding battery replacements.
- Fire prevention presentations and fire truck visits have been suspended until further notice
- Fire Explorers has been suspended until further notice
- Hands-only CPR classes have been suspended until further notice
Roseville License Center
- The Roseville License Center is open by appointment only to process Driver's License Applications, Motor Vehicle Transactions and DNR/Fish and Game Applications. The License Center is also offering mail-in and drop-off vehicle tab and DNR renewals.
Roseville Passport Center
- The Roseville Passport Center is open by appointment only to process Passport Applications and provide photo services.